The quarry is currently not in operation, but is available for long-term rental with valid permits!
Quarrying in Romhány has a long history, a mine was already operating in the settlement in 1799. Based on the available information, Italian masters were also involved in the mining and carving of high-quality stone. In the first half of the XIX. century, the steps of the National Museum were made of this stone.
The mined block stone is suitable for use as a raw material for sculptures, as a raw material for stone carvers and stone processing plants, and as a rock garden stone for gardeners.